Monday 26 September 2016

'Relaxing' Evening

This evening I'm having some me time. 
I'm sat in bed, eating strawberry laces, watching WWE and I have just lit a candle too! I may even get naked soon! 

For me I really need some of this time every now and again. I mean obviously we all do, but as someone suffering with depression it can be really hard. Not least because when I 'relax' I usually experience very negative reactions. My mind can often drift into darkness and my body can start to twich. 
Even now I feel slightly uneasy at this opportunity to 'relax'. 

I have, in I think possible over thinker mode, realised today just how much I'm eating. Particularly in the last two weeks. There are a number of reasons for this I think, it's boredom, stress, also weirdly I think a security thing. I don't understand it enough to explain more than that. I think I probably, well I know I have, started to eat the wrong things at lunch and for snacks. Gone are the apple, banana and orange based lunches. In has come crisps, biscuits and sweets (he says putting another strawberry lace in his mouth). There is a #TalkMH chat this week about eating disorders, which I do not have. However I believe some of the coping strategies may be of use to me. 

This is my second night with a candle in my bed room and I have to say I'm loving it. It's a good level of light and helps to settle me. I'm going to do this more often. 

The noise thing (constantly being surrounded by sound) is something I've been noticing and trying to gradually change. So that's work in progress. 

Anyway, the wrestling is up to title matches so I'm off to enjoy that. 

Talk soon
YNA 

PS. Being naked at home is awesome, I'm going to have to write about post about this!



No comments:

Post a Comment